Thursday, June 13, 2013

What to take.... Heel Hell.

Black, black, black and blue, Beat me 'til I'm numb, tell the devil I said "Hey," when you get back to where you're from. -Grenade- Bruno Mars

I feel as though I am playing a very real life game of Stranded on an Island.  What do you take with you if you only have so much room to take things?  In grade school, I wanted to be stranded with Taylor, and have books, and clothing, and all that cutesy innocent stuff, that is so no fun at all. Seriously.  I asked my friends this, and the answers I got were the same old, "Things that cannot easily be replaced and toss everything you haven't touched in 6 months." "That's what I do when I am moving."  But I LIKE my stuff.  And I am not leaving Medford forever.  I mean I will be back.  We are keeping the house here and you can't build roads in a ton of snow... Just sayin. I plan on being in Hawaii at that point though. ;) Taking a break from packing to update you on my progress.  Ok. I needed a mental break.

So I started with Booze.  Booze is an excellent thing to take to an island where a bottle of vodka is $25.00 for the cheap stuff.  OK, so Glory, (My car) is only 14 ft long.  I can't take enough to supply me for the entire time I am there... in fact, the majority of what I am taking is for the Father in Law... Early peace offering?  Maybe when we fight I can give him the stash one bottle at a time? Just Kidding... I will have my own Shanty to escape to.  And I am not far from my Ocean.  About 100 yards to be exact...

Next I decided to Download every CD I have and put it on my Iphone. Back up those photos, those contacts before something happens, always always back up what you care about.  You never know when some Cell phone wench is going to accidentally erase 2k in photos...  (Shoot me) I am sitting here uploading CDs from Highschool days.  We are talking, So Long and Thanks for the Shoes- NOFX; Slowly Going the Way of The Buffalo- MXPX, Absolute Garbage- Garbage, Greenday, Lonestar, Tim McGraw, Britney Spears- Opps I did It again, and probably Every NOW CD from-34. I haven't purchased a CD in years...  Oh man, there I go, Dating myself again. Bwahaha!!

Dog Food, Diapers, Canned food, Bread machine...I have no Oven.  So things that can be made in either a pot or a Crock pot.  There are grocery stores, yes, but its EFFING expensive.  For real.  So I am trying to take what I can to live for a bit without having to trek and hour to the nearest grocery store.  Sad.

Clothing.  Do you think it would be appropriate to take all my high heels? I didn't think so either.  Let me tell you, I am having separation anxiety just thinking about it.  Breathing into this bag with a bottle of vodka inside and instantly I feel better. Weird. whew.  Okay, I am taking flip flops, two pairs. Volcom, of course. (Side note- Volcomista, Volcom fashionista... there's that explanation, you're welcome)  My cowboy boots, Tennis shoes and When I buy my Hiking boots, those.  I also really like my clothes, but understand that while my entire wardrobe may fit, I also have to take the kids clothes, and I've already shipped a TON of stuff... Ugh. This may never end. I know I am going to get to about Roseburg and have a panic attack I forgot something VERY important. Lefuq.

My Rebel, Canon Digital Camera, Bad ass Tripod, multiple lenses, memory cards and batteries.  Relatively small bag. Will be easily accessible for sure. Overnight bag. I am not unpacking just to get conditioner....

The Dogs. Yep. Me, two kids and 5 dogs on a boat.  Leashes, cage, harnesses, Health Certificates, umbrella stroller... UGH... Does anyone know anyone to come do this strategic planning for me? How am I supposed to know what I am going to need for the next 6 months... Boo. :(

Well, John and Karen are set to be here soon. Till next time.... Here are some pics of what my cargo space is so you have an idea of where it's headed... lefuq.




And maybe some of the shit I am taking. ugh.

1 comment:

  1. Aweeee I feel like I'm with you while I'm reading this... im looking forward to reading more. . I hope all goes well and you DON'T forget anything:)

    ReplyDelete